Voter Registration Period Closes October 18, 2020
July 27 - October 18
The voter registration period closes on October 18, 2020. While voter registration is open, you can register in-person, online, or by mail.
You can register in-person at:
- The Lake County Clerk’s office, 18 N. County Street, Waukegan during weekday business hours,
- The Illinois Secretary of State Driver Services Facility when there for other services,
- Most municipal or township offices,
- Most libraries,
- Precinct committeemen, or
- Qualified civic organizations.
Find a location in the Lake County Clerk’s office brochure, Official Places of Voter Registration, or look for a poster at a municipal building, library, or deputy registrar event.
Online voter registration is available at Illinois State Board of Elections’ website (ova.elections.IL.gov) while voter registration is open.
You must provide:
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License or Illinois State ID number,
- Last four digits of Social Security number
- The date the license or identification was issued, AND
Completed applications must be postmarked or delivered to the Lake County Clerk’s office 28 days prior to Election Day. If your identity cannot be verified or sufficient proof of identity is not provided with your application, you must vote in-person the first time and present valid identification before a ballot is issued.
Mail-In Voter Registration Form – download PDF to complete and print for mailing.