Cuba Township is located in the southwest corner of Lake County, IL, township 43 north, range 9 east of the third principal meridian. The office is located at 28000 W. Cuba Road, Barrington, IL 60010, (847) 381-1924, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Township exists according to law as established by the State of Illinois in 1847. The Township performs the 3 mandated functions as prescribed by the State of Illinois: road maintenance, property assessment and assistance to the needy. Additionally, the Township provides other services as permissible by state law.
To access Cuba Township information, a FOIA request must be submitted. The request can be submitted in one of three ways:
- By printing out the FOIA request form, filling it out, and mailing it to the following address:
FOIA Officer – Cuba Township
28000 W Cuba Road
Barrington, IL 60010
- Supervisor: Christopher Karam
- Clerk: Heidi N. Shannon
- Assessor: Nicole E. Knapik
- Highway Commissioner: Thomas J. Podgorski
- Trustees: Tiffany A. Andreae, Grant Born, Thomas L. Kusmerz, Jr., and Jill Talbot
The Cuba Township office comprises the General Town employees under the direction of Supervisor, Christopher Karam, and the Assessor’s employees under the direction of Assessor, Nicole E. Knapik.
- Permanent part-time employees: 4
- Permanent full-time employees: 3
The Cuba Township Road District is a separate entity under the sole supervision of Thomas J. (T.J.) Podgorski, its Highway Commissioner.
The Road District employs 10 Full-time employees working forty-hour work weeks. The Road District also employs varying numbers of seasonal part-time employees.
Budget for fiscal year March 1, 2021 to February 28, 2022:
IMRF – General Town
Road and Bridge
IMRF – Road
White Memorial Cemetery
Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
In compliance with the Illinois Open Meetings Act, public bodies participating in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund must post a physical copy of the compensation package for employees who exceed $75,000. This information for employees of Cuba Township will be posted in the office of the Township Clerk, 28000 W. Cuba Road, Barrington, IL 60010. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9 am to 4 pm.
- First 50 pages are free (black and white)
- 15 cents per page both sides thereafter (black and white)
- Actual costs will be charged color copies