The Cuba Township food pantry continues to provide non-perishable foods, paper products, cleaning supplies, and toiletries during the COVID-19 pandemic. Recipients who are not feeling well are encouraged to contact us at 847-381-1924 to make alternative arrangements.
The food pantry maintains a list of qualified recipients. If you are not a current recipient but need assistance, please call us at 847-381-1924 or email your contact information to email@example.com, and a staff member will contact you.
You can also complete an online Intake Form, save it to your desktop and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the food pantry. A staff member will contact you within 24 hours (except on weekends).
Thank you to all our generous donors for the food items donated to date – we have more than enough tuna, soup, green beans, corn, and macaroni. Individuals or organizations seeking to contribute to the Cuba Township Food Pantry are encouraged to provide the following items:
- Almond butter
- Baking mixes including Bisquick, brownies, cookies, cornbread, muffins and pie crusts
- Brown rice
- Canned tuna, chicken, salmon, and sardines
- Canned sweet potatoes
- Coffee (regular and decaf)
- Condiments including mustard, ketchup, and barbecue sauce
- Corned Beef Hash, and canned ham
- Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Chicken Soups
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Flavored pasta packets
- Jello and pudding
- Laundry detergent and cleaning supplies
- Mashed potatoes (boxed)
- Microwavable Madras lentils
- Natural Peanut Butter and Strawberry, Rasberry or Apricot Jelly
- Paper products- toilet paper, paper towels, and Kleenex
- Snacks including crackers, cookies, and popcorn
- Tomato Paste and Whole Tomatoes
- Whole grain pastas
Food pantry donations should be dropped off in the cart located at the front of the building. Cuba Township is accepting donations Monday – Friday between 9 AM and 4 PM. To ensure staff is available, call in advance (847-381-1924) for large food donations. Please DO NOT drop off items on the weekend – our raccoons will eat the offerings – thank you for understanding!
The Cuba Cares Fund accepts monetary donations and $25 Jewel gift cards to supplement fresh produce for the food pantry and our recipients. Please make checks payable to Cuba Cares Foundation and mail them to 28000 W Cuba Road, Barrington, IL 60010.