The Cuba Township food pantry continues to provide non-perishable foods, paper products, cleaning supplies, and toiletries. Recipients who are not feeling well are encouraged to contact us at 847-381-1924 to make alternative arrangements.
The food pantry maintains a list of qualified recipients. If you are not a current recipient but need assistance, please call us at 847-381-1924 or email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org, and a staff member will contact you.
You can also complete an online Intake Form, save it to your desktop, and email it to email@example.com to sign up for the food pantry. A staff member will contact you within 24 hours (except on weekends).
Thank you to all our generous donors for the food items donated to date – we have more than enough tuna, soup, green beans, corn, and macaroni. Individuals or organizations seeking to contribute to the Cuba Township Food Pantry are encouraged to provide the following items:
- Bisquick Baking Mix
- Broths including Beef, Chicken, and Vegetable
- Canned Chicken, Salmon, Spam and Tuna
- Canned meals including, Chili (mild), Stew, Ravioli, Spaghettios, and Pork & Beans
- Canned oranges or mixed fruits
- Jello and Pudding
- Pasta including Regular, Whole Wheat Pasta, and Gluten Free
- Pasta Sauce with Meat or Cheese
- Peanut Butter and Almond Butter
- Plain Oatmeal (quick or old-fashioned)
- Rice (white, brown, or instant)
- Soups including Vegetable, Chicken Noodle, and Cream of Chicken, and any Chunky Soups
- Snacks including Cookies, Crackers, Almonds, Dried Fruit, Granola Bars, Potato Chips
- Strawberry Jam
- Tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, or whole tomatoes
- Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Liquid Dishwashing Detergent
- Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, and Kleenex
- Shampoo and Toothpaste
Food pantry donations should be dropped off in the cart located at the front of the building. Cuba Township is accepting donations Monday – Friday between 9 AM and 4 PM. To ensure staff is available, call in advance (847-381-1924) for large food donations. Please DO NOT drop off items on the weekend – our raccoons will eat the offerings – thank you for understanding!
The Cuba Cares Fund accepts monetary donations and $25 Jewel gift cards to supplement fresh produce for the food pantry and our recipients. Please make checks payable to Cuba Cares Fund and mail them to 28000 W Cuba Road, Barrington, IL 60010.