June 10, 2020: In order to protect our staff and residents, Cuba Township is processing new passports by appointment only. DS-11 Applications for a U.S. Passport are available online.
Please visit the Department of State for more details on passports and travel advisories.
You can apply for a passport at the Cuba Township Office, and your passport will be mailed to you by the US Department of State. Call 847-381-1924 to make an appointment.
Passport hours are:
9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. No Tuesday appointments.
According to the Department of State, effective July 13, 2020 Regular processing is now “significantly delayed” and Expedited processing is “suspended.” If you have a life-or-death emergency and need a passport, contact Chicago Passport Agency, 101 West Congress Parkway, 9th Floor, Chicago, IL 60605 (phone: 877-487-2778) to schedule an appointment.
- An application, available at the Cuba Township Office or online.
- Your old passport (issued over 15 years ago) or a certified birth certificate or certificate of naturalization. All documents must be sealed, certified originals. No photocopies accepted.
- Valid photo ID. State ID and driver’s license are both acceptable forms of identification. Your identification must include your photo, signature, issue date, and expiration date.
- One passport photo: Passport-specific photos are 2″ x 2″ in size. Cuba Township offers passport photos for $15.00.
- Two checks or money orders: one payable to the US Department of State for the passport fee and the other payable to Cuba Township for processing fees and passport photos. Cash, debit cards, and credit cards are NOT accepted.
- Adult passport book: $110.00 (international travel)
- Adult passport card: $30.00 (used for land and sea border entry to the U.S. from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean)
- Child passport book (15 or younger): $80.00
- Child passport card: $15.00
- EXPEDITED fee for all passport books: Add $60.00 – Suspended expedited processing until further notice
- Cuba Township processing fee per person: $35.00
- Passport photos: $15.00
- There will be an additional cost for mailing expedited passports. Suspended expedited processing until further notice
- For additional passport tips click here.
If your most recent passport was issued less than 15 years ago, you can get a mail-in application at the Township Office or download the form online on the State Department’s website. Get more information on passport renewal here.
Fees paid to Cuba Township for passport services are used to help your neighbors in need.