You can apply for a passport at the Cuba Township Office, and your passport will be mailed to you by the US Department of State. Call 847-381-1924 to make an appointment.
Passport hours are:
9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday
Visit travel.state.gov for more information or to download the application forms and fill them out in advance.
Regular processing takes four to six weeks; expedited processing takes two to three weeks and is available for an addition fee. If you plan to depart in less than two weeks, apply at the Chicago Passport Agency, 101 West Congress Parkway, 9th Floor, Chicago, IL 60605 (phone: 877-487-2778). Appointments available from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Monday – Wednesday and Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Thursday.
- An application, available at the Cuba Township Office or online.
- Your old passport (issued over 15 years ago) or a certified birth certificate or certificate of naturalization. All documents must be sealed, certified originals. No photocopies accepted.
- Valid photo ID. State ID and driver’s license are both acceptable forms of identification. Your identification must include your photo, signature, issue date, and expiration date.
- One passport photo: Passport-specific photos are 2″ x 2″ in size. Cuba Township offers passport photos for $15.00.
- Two checks or money orders: one payable to the US Department of State for the passport fee and the other payable to Cuba Township for processing fees and passport photos. Cash, debit cards, and credit cards are NOT accepted.
- Adult passport book: $110.00 (international travel)
- Adult passport card: $30.00 (used for land and sea border entry to the U.S. from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean)
- Child passport book (15 or younger): $80.00
- Child passport card: $15.00
- EXPEDITED fee for all passport books: Add $60.00
- Cuba Township processing fee per person: $35.00
- Passport photos: $15.00
- There will be an additional cost for mailing expedited passports.
If your most recent passport was issued less than 15 years ago, you can get a mail-in application at the Township Office or download the form online on the State Department’s website. Get more information on passport renewal here.
Fees paid to Cuba Township for passport services are used to help your neighbors in need.