June 10, 2020: In order to protect our staff and residents, Cuba Township is processing new passports by appointment only. DS-11 Applications for a U.S. Passport are available online.
The U.S. Department of State processing times have been extended:
- Routine Service: 10 to 12 weeks
- Expedited Service: 4 to 6 weeks
Please visit the Department of State for more details on travel advisories.
Effective January 26, 2021 the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will require all air passengers entering the United States (including U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents) to present a negative COVID-19 test, taken within three calendar days of departure or proof of recovery from the virus within the last 90 days. Airlines must confirm the negative test result or proof of recovery for all passengers two years of age and over prior to boarding. Airlines must deny boarding of passengers who do not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery.
Please see CDC’s FAQ for answers to questions about the new requirement for proof of negative COVID-19 test or recovery from COVID-19 for all air passengers arriving in the United States.
You can apply for a passport at the Cuba Township Office, and your passport will be mailed to you by the US Department of State. Call 847-381-1924 to make an appointment.
Passport hours are:
9:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. No Tuesday appointments.
If you have a life-or-death emergency and need a passport, contact Chicago Passport Agency, 101 West Congress Parkway, 9th Floor, Chicago, IL 60605 (phone: 877-487-2778) to schedule an appointment.
Requirements for a New Passport
Complete form DS-11 available online or at the Cuba Township Office. The form must be printed single-sided, completed in BLACK INK, and contain NO CORRECTIONS.
Evidence of US Citizenship
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
Previously issued passport:
Primary Form of Identification: (Pick ONE of the following)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current Government Issued ID
- Current U.S. Military ID
- Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport
- School Issued ID (if applicant is 16-17 years-of-age and without a valid Driver’s License or valid Government issued ID)
***Please note if applicant’s ID is from out of state, TWO forms of identification are required***
- Passport photos must meet the standard passport requirements
- Passport photos are available in our office for a $15.00 fee payable by cash or check
Passport Processing Fee
- MUST be a Check or Money Order (cash or credit cards will NOT be accepted for this fee)
- Make check payable to U.S. Department of State
- One check per application
- Adult passport book: $110.00 (international travel)
- Adult passport card: $30.00 (used for land and sea border entry to the U.S. from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean)
- Child passport book (15 or younger): $80.00
- Child passport card: $15.00
- EXPEDITED fee for all passport books: Add $60.00
- Cuba Township processing fee per person: $35.00
- Passport photos: $15.00 per person
- For additional passport tips click here.
Passport Renewals for Adults
If your most recent passport was issued less than 15 years ago, you can get a mail-in application at the Township Office or download the form online at the State Department’s website. Get more information on passport renewals here.