Cuba Township is processing new passports by appointment only. DS-11 Applications for a U.S. Passport are available online.
The U.S. Department of State processing times are listed below:
- Routine processing of a passport application now takes 8-11 weeks
- Expedited processing of a passport (for an additional $60 per passport) takes 5-7 weeks
If you want to renew an adult passport, visit Travel.state.gov’s renewal page.
To check the status of your passport, click here.
Passport processing times begin the day we receive an application at a passport agency or center, not on the day the customer applied for a passport. Mail times may vary across the country.
You can apply for a passport at the Cuba Township Office, and your passport will be mailed to you by the US Department of State. Call 847-381-1924 to make an appointment.
Passport hours are:
9:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. No Tuesday appointments.
If you have a life-or-death emergency and need a passport, contact Chicago Passport Agency, 101 West Congress Parkway, 9th Floor, Chicago, IL 60605 (phone: 877-487-2778) to schedule an appointment.
Requirements for a New Passport
Complete form DS-11 available online or at the Cuba Township office. The form must be printed single-sided, completed in BLACK INK, and contain NO CORRECTIONS. The State Department requires a new DS-11 if there are any errors. You will need to complete the new form at home and schedule another appointment.
Evidence of US Citizenship – You must submit ONE of the following. Your evidence must be an original or certified, physical copy. A certified copy is any document that has the seal or stamp of the official issuing authority.
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- Fully valid, undamaged U.S. passport (may be expired)
Primary Form of Identification: (Pick ONE of the following)
- Valid or expired, undamaged U.S. passport book or passport card
- In-state, fully valid Driver’s License
- Current Government Issued ID (city, county, state, or federal)
- Current U.S. Military ID or military dependent ID
- Current (valid) foreign passport
***Please note if applicant’s ID is from out of state, TWO forms of identification are required***
- Passport photos must meet the standard passport requirements
- Passport photos are available in our office for a $15.00 fee payable by cash or check
Passport Processing Fee
- MUST be a Check or Money Order (cash or credit cards will NOT be accepted for this fee)
- Make check payable to U.S. Department of State
- One check per application
- Adult passport book: $130.00 (international travel)
- Adult passport card: $30.00 (used for land and sea border entry to the U.S. from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean)
- Child passport book (15 or younger): $100.00
- Child passport card: $15.00
- EXPEDITED fee for all passport books: Add $60.00
- Cuba Township processing fee per person: $35.00
- Passport photos: $15.00 per person
- For additional passport tips click here.
Passport Renewals for Adults
If your most recent passport was issued less than 15 years ago, you can get a mail-in application at the Township Office or download the form online at the State Department’s website. Get more information on passport renewals here.
28000 W. Cuba Road
Barrington, IL 60010
Office Hours: M–F 9am–4pm
Township Phone: (847) 381-1924
Assessor Phone: (847) 381-1120